Yes, You Can Get Here from There!
Whether you are a new visitor to our piece of the Northeast Kingdom, a frequent vacationer, or long time resident, the Visit section of our site will help you get here, get around and find a place to stay. We're easy to get to with I-91 passing just East of the city. (Exit 27 off I-91 Northbound or Exit 28 off I-91 Southbound.)
Here are some mileage measurements from Google Maps to help with your travel planning. (from our perspective)
- 216 miles to Boston, MA (typically 3.5 hours)
- 83 miles to Burlington, VT (just under 2 hours)
- 98 miles to Hanover, NH
- 30 miles to Magog, QC, Canada ( 49km)
- 108 miles to Montreal, QC, Canada (173 km) (under 2 hours)
- 364 miles to New York City, NY
- 188 miles to Quebec City, QC, Canada (302 km)
- 41 miles to Sherbrooke, QC, Canada (67 km)
If you fly into Burlington, VT (BTV) you will find Newport is less than 2 hours drive.
Crossing the US and Canadian Border
Newport promises remote, unspoiled wilderness with great natural beauty, rich cultural heritage, and a broad array of outdoor recreation options. Our community is an easily accessible, four-season, safe and friendly destination for Canadian travelers.
We encourage you to visit the following websites for up to date information regarding the process of crossing the U.S. / Canadian Border: