The Northeast Kingdom of Vermont is home to many successful businesses whose products, work ethic, and sense of pride make up the Vermont Brand that sets Vermont businesses apart. Vermont offers great opportunities to businesses and our local businesses are our best advocates!
Here's a list of recent startups, expansions and moves:
- Eden Ice Cider/NEK Tasting Center- the best apples, painstaking attention to the process, and a friendly welcome, are at the heart of Eden Ice Cider. “If it was not for Form Based Code we would not be in Newport.”
- Jay Peak Resort- $300 Million dollars of improvements over the last 5 years including a new amphitheater that opened during the summer of 2014 and plans for a new recreation center forecast to open in 2016
- Louis Garneau – transitioned to its new 60,000 sq./ft., $8M facility during the summer of 2014
- Maplefields – Opened Sept. 4th, 2014 employing 25 people.
- Built by Newport – www.builtbynewport.com
- Newport State Airport – Sept. 2014 - FAA announces runway expansion funding of $8.8M.
- Northern Star Boat Tours – A great opportunity to cruise magnificent Lake Memphremagog; tickets available at the City Docks located in the unique and picturesque setting of Newport City on the waterfront.
- Numia Medical Technology, LLC – Cutting edge infusion pumps are produced here in Newport “I could not have started this businesses in my home state of Massachusetts!”
- The UPS Store - opened on Main Street in the Fall of 2015.
- Union Bank Loan Office – Opened August 2014
- CVS – Opened September 2014
- Walmart – Opening November 2016