The following list are some of the many accomplishments which the NCRC has been part of since it's inception in 2007. Numerous stakeholders, volunteers, business people and city employees have come together over the years.
- Newport is 1st in VT to receive grant from American Institute of Architects (AIA) for a Regional/Urban Design Assitance Team (R/UDAT) (2009)
- Newport is 1st in the state of VT to adopt form-based code streamlining the permit process for developers while maintaining the fabric of the downtown's architecture (2010)
- Leading advocacy for expansion and enhancement of the Newport State Airport (EFK) (2007-ongoing)
- Leading establishment of a Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) that includes Newport and surrounding communities (2010-2013)
- Newport City Renaissance Corporation is one of only 6 out of 23 VT downtowns to received accreditation from National Main Street Program (2013) and one of only 5 in VT to receive accreditation in 2011 and 2012.
- Newport was awarded an unprecedented CommunityMatters grant from Vermont's Orton Family Foundation for a workshop on how to work together more effectively and productively as a community with government and others. See attachments below for useful information on the strategic doing.
Newport City Renaissance works to advance and enhance the economic environment, development of a cohesive and welcoming City design and promoting Newport City as a destination for tourism and its competitive edge for business investment.